By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "Our driver showed up on time and everyone did exceptional work. They were very friendly and moved fast! Everyone was professional and took great care of my belongings. Stand-up guys.”
K.Q., April 2016
- "Top-notch and professional! The entire team that worked on our move deserves special recognition.”
B.P., April 2016
- "The delivery and unloading crew we had were great. They covered all of the floors and had s great system of unloading which made them fast and efficient. They were also extremely respectful. We have moved a few times in this past year and this was the best experience with a crew we have had. "
J.D., April 2016
- “I have moved many times, but I have never felt so comfortable with a team of people. Within an hour of their arrival I could tell that we were in good hands and it put me at ease. With moving, there is always that concern that something could go wrong, but with ours, everything went better than expected. Everyone was so thoughtful and considerate!”
D.B., April 2016
- “Outstanding! We are extremely satisfied in the way the crew took care of us and our goods. They were extremely professional and respectful.”
H.B., April 2016