June 17, 2020
Case Study: Whole Foods Fridge Move
- Three major grocery store locations serviced
- Refrigeration systems for freezer, deli, produce, hot bar, and other areas
- Final Mile Delivery
- OS&E relocation
- Long-distance delivery
Armstrong’s Raleigh agency provided warehousing and delivery for three separate major grocery store locations in and around Raleigh, North Carolina. These projects entailed loading into trucks, transporting and warehousing more than 40 refrigeration systems per store location, while the grocery chain was undergoing major renovations. Once renovations were complete, Armstrong’s team retrieved the systems from its warehouse storage and delivered them to the designated stores.
- Timing: All three of these major grocery locations were undergoing renovations at various times between October of 2019 and February of 2020. Each week store managers would request different refrigeration systems for different sections of the stores as their teams worked to renovate the space, section-by-section. This also had to be done after store hours, so Armstrong’s teams were called to move these items during late night hours.
- Renovations: No renovation ever follows a predictable timeline or outcome. Armstrong’s team members had to remain flexible. Delivery dates sometimes had to change because of unexpected speed bumps in the renovation process.
- Distance: Both of the previous challenges required even more attention to detail because one of the three major grocery locations was situated nearly two hours away from Armstrong’s Raleigh warehouses in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Teamwork: With just 16 Armstrong team members working hands-on with this project, it was extremely important to keep clear lines of communication, act quickly, and be thorough throughout every step of the project to ensure project success.
Client values and results
Armstrong – Raleigh successfully completed the project to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner, saving them stress and money. Armstrong’s team was able to adapt to changing timelines, storage, delivery, and communication needs quickly. The customer was able to open their newly renovated locations without any disruption to regular store functions and expressed their gratitude to the team for their efforts every step of the way.
With over 2.9 million sq. ft. of U.S. domestic, company-owned warehouse space, clear lines of communication with project managers, and a history of adapting to customer needs, Armstrong Commercial Services is able to provide national warehousing, delivery, and many other services to help your team get back to business faster.Return to Blog Homepage >