Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "Our driver showed up on time and everyone did exceptional work. They were very friendly and moved fast! Everyone was professional and took great care of my belongings. Stand-up guys.”
K.Q., April 2016
- "Top-notch and professional! The entire team that worked on our move deserves special recognition.”
B.P., April 2016
- "The delivery and unloading crew we had were great. They covered all of the floors and had s great system of unloading which made them fast and efficient. They were also extremely respectful. We have moved a few times in this past year and this was the best experience with a crew we have had. "
J.D., April 2016
- “I have moved many times, but I have never felt so comfortable with a team of people. Within an hour of their arrival I could tell that we were in good hands and it put me at ease. With moving, there is always that concern that something could go wrong, but with ours, everything went better than expected. Everyone was so thoughtful and considerate!”
D.B., April 2016
- “Outstanding! We are extremely satisfied in the way the crew took care of us and our goods. They were extremely professional and respectful.”
H.B., April 2016